Welcome to the Home page for UK BJD Con.
A convention dedicated to ball jointed dolls, Dollfie Dream, Smart Doll and other collectable dolls.
Here you will find all the relevant information and contact details for this convention. The links above will take you to where you need! Please be sure to read the Policies and information at the Venue info.
Below is a count down to the event and links to our social media pages.
The convention will be held at
Mercure Leicester Grand Hotel21st of October 2023
Event starts at: 9:30 AM
Ends at: 5 PM
Last updated - 31st March 2023
ABOUT UK BJD CON
UK BJD Con (United Kingdom Ball Jointed Doll Convention) was created by a collective of BJD collectors and artists in 2022. The idea sparked off by DolceLuceBJD and Demon Forest Dolls quickly gained interest to finally make a convention for the United Kingdom. So far most BJD conventions have been in Europe, Asia and Russia so to create a convention closer to home was very appealing.For those who do not know Ball Jointed Dolls are collectors items typically humanoid in nature. They are usually made of cast resin but in the rare occasion they are made of porcelain.
They have spherical joints which allow for a wide range of movement not typically seen in mass marketed dolls.You can buy these collectors items from specialist websites usually ran by the companies who make them. They can come painted or unpainted, these dolls can be fully customised as wild as your imagination! The convention allows artists from worldwide to come and sell the dolls they make and all kinds of apparel that can be used with BJD.
**ORGANIZERS AND STAFF **
Sam/(IG: DolceLuceBJD) - Lead Organizer and Finance
Goo - Venue Organizer
Sophie/(IG: eihpossbjds) - Stall Organizer
GreatSage - Artist / Website gremlin / Mascot Designer
Tori/(IG: Demonforestdolls) - BJD Contacts / Social Media
Mori/(IG Mori.doll.arts) - Social Media
Naz/Danger Noodle Designs - Marketing
IG: Lightanddarkdolls - Raffle Stall
Triggerlark - Advisor
Please familiarise yourself with the policies below. Upon attending this event you are obligated to agree to the following:1. No selling, trading or displaying of recast or bootleg items. Please do not bring recast dolls to the event, if you are in doubt of a doll/bjd's legitimacy do not bring it. If you bring a recast to this event deliberately, you will not be allowed to attend future events.
(Recasts are illegal copies of original BJD, they are made typically in chinese factories and at 25% of the cost of a authentic BJD. To respect the artists we wish to keep this event free of recasts.)2. UK BJDCon and Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel are not liable for any damage, stolen, injury or loss to any personal goods that may arise from utilisation of the venue by the convention.3. Respect the venue, staff and other attendees at all times.4. Images, voice or film recordings from this event may be published across, but not limited to, various social media platforms and publications for the purpose of promoting the event. If you do not wish to appear in any images/ filming please contact a member of the team either by email or on the day of the convention.5. We reserve the right to escort transgressors from the venue. This includes physical or verbal assault and/or theft of money or goods in or around the venue. Removal from the venue may result in a ban to future events.6. To comply with the Health and Safety regulations of the venue. The use of hazardous chemicals such as spray sealants and acetone products are prohibited.7. Please note that all tickets are non refundable unless the event is cancelled. Transfers must be done by August 21st 2023 at the latest.8. Please be aware that this event will contain fragile displays and/or some adult themes that may be unsuitable for young children. Under 16's should be accompanied by an adult on the premises. The items displayed here are collectors items and not for general play by young children.More policies may be added at a later date.
The convention will be held at
Mercure Leicester Grand Hotel
-KING'S HALL-Event starts at: 9:30 AM
Ends at: 5 PMThe venue is within 6 to 7 minutes walking distance from the Leicester railway station.It also has 120 parking spaces and a discounted price for the day which will be £5Map & more information below!((The Venue is Wheelchair accessable))
In the venue we'll have a quiet room for people who need a moment for a breather or the like. We understand that conventions can get very noisey! We will also aim to make the venue properly accessible to those who might have difficulties with stairs.Below is a floorplan of the rooms we will have for the convention in the hotel!
Here we'll have information about the tickets that will be available soon.Tickets can be bought by clicking the link above or copy and pasting this link into your browser:
https://uk-bjdcon.ticketlight.co.uk/September 21st 2023 - ticket transfers deadlineWe may deny entry if we don't recieve confirmation about a ticket transfer.Early bird tickets are going on sale until April 21st 2023 and then prices will be £20 from there on. Vendors need to complete forms by August 21st 2023.Please note that all tickets are limited in number for safety purposes and may sell out unexpectedly.General tickets will be available on the day subject to availaibility.
Merchandise that follows will be t-shirts, hoodies, bags, stickers and maybe keychains.Keep an eye on this section for updates at a later date!
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at any time:
[email protected]**You may also contact any staff member by finding them on Instagram.
Currently vendor applications are full, however if you are interested in becoming a vendor, please send an email to [email protected] and we will place you on our waiting list. Unless we've already contacted you about selling at the convention. There will more than likely be spaces at a later date. We are not charging for stalls, only entry to the venue.Here is the list of stalls/vendors who may be present at UK BJDCon unless stated that they are confirmed!
• Impldoll display/vendor - confirmed
• Magic Mirror / Doktor Krow - confirmed
• AileenDoll Europe - confirmed
• LUTS - Confirmed
• The Curvy Alien - Confirmed
• MoriDolls/ FLF - confirmed
• Eihpossbjds/Kohaku.creates -confirmed
• Nico Dolls wigs - confirmed
• Dolcelucedolls/Noodle - confirmed
• Ms Stein Art - confirmed
• Koala Krash - confirmed
• Istriazel - confirmed
• Rumpleclothing Designs - confirmed
• EveStudio - confirmed
• Sweet Orange Dolls - Confirmed
• DemonForestCreations - confirmed
• JiWu_Documentary - confirmed
• Nico Dolls Wig - confirmed
• Kays forget-me-not barn - confirmed
• Emica Minatures - confirmed
• Magpies Secret -confirmed
• Anja Dollhouse -confirmed
• Bickymonster Custom Yarn wigs/Sewdolliteful (sharing couple) - confirmed
• MicroSonik London - confirmed
• Frostbitten bjd -confirmed
• Gifts by Loubilou - confirmed
• Bento Smile Dolls - confirmed
• Galaxy Nook - confirmed
• Cotton Candies Store - confirmed
• Heavens Dolls - confirmed
• Angelic Doll Customs - confirmed
• PodlyDolls- confirmed
• YumeWear - confirmed
• Desolate - confirmed
• Doll Hair Emporium - confirmed
• LayCBlack Designs - confirmed
• Tasha's Closet Designs - confirmed
• Short Whiskers - confirmed
• BJD Bijou Boutique - confirmed
More to be confirmed!
Charity Bring and Buy StallIn the Queen’s Hall there will be a donations table where you can donate up to 2 unwanted items for sale. All proceeds go to charity. (TBC)
CONVENTION SCHEDUAL & WORKSHOPS
Main Event Schedual Including Talks & WorkshopsSet up and opening: 8:00-9:30
Doll Talk 1 - Doll fix up by Pistachidoll: 10:30-11:30
Doll Talk 2 - PhotoArtitude by PhotoArt: 13:00-14:00
Doll Game Show: 14:15-15:00
Halloween Masquerade: 15:00-16:00
Premium raffle and closing ceremony: 16:00-17:00Ongoing Events
Doll riddle: 9:30-Until completed
Find the mascot: 9:30-Until mascot found
Standard raffle: All day until close
Eyes in a jar count: All day until close
Photography competition display: All day until close
Doll costume display: 12:00-16:00
Gameshow BJD Hour
Test your wit and skills in this hour as we will be holding a general BJD knowledge quiz along with various other puzzles. Correct answers equal prizes!
- We want this quiz to be as fair as possible, so it's recommended that people register over the age of 16+.
- To enter for this please ask to register on the day at the front desk/ticket desk.
- Depending on the number of entrants, contestants will either be answering questions on their own or in groups. In groups the prizes will be smaller but will be available for each team member.
Feel like dressing up for halloween season? We're looking for the spookiest and best dressed human at the convention! Do you think you have what it takes? We'll be on the lookout for anyone who looks especially freaky on the day to give a prize!
- You may show up to the venue in your general attire and then dress up at a later point during the day.
- If you wish to participate please register on the day at the front desk/tickets booth. We will need your full name, email and proof of ticket. We will be limiting the entries to 10 and first come first served for the event.
- We will be holding a small 'run way' event for you to show off your costume later in the day! Time will be announced closer to date of convention.
Halloween dress up competition [Doll Edition]
Do you have a special talent for making your doll look that extra bit spooky? We're looking for a best dressed/customised doll to do with the halloween theme!
To enter this spooky contest you must make an outfit that shows your dolls off in all their grim glory! The outfit must be 100% hand made excluding eyes, shoes, wigs and props. Please make sure your outfit is suitable for display and not too gory or adult in nature.(Prizes TBC)Categories
There will be one prize per catagory. No 2nd and 3rd prizes are given.1) scariest costume2) most original idea3) best costume designRulesEntry fee= £5
Max entries= 1 per person-Please bring suitable ID/proof of your entry fee being paid so we can ensure your doll is returned to you safely.-Please email [email protected] to enter.
- On the day you will need to display the doll for voting. There will be voting baskets provided infront of each contestant.
- Goes without saying please do not enter bootleg or recast dolls. If we find you are using a recast doll your entry will be disqualified.
- All finalists must provide their own stand for the doll. There should be no diorhama around the doll just the doll itself.
- We can only accept dolls above 25cm in height as we want people to be able to properly see the custom. But we are happy to allow entry for any type of doll that is articulated/has jointing.Examples below!
Name the mascot
You may have seen our little mascot on our logo or around the website! However we don't have a name for them yet and we're asking you to help!
We'll be taking name suggestions via Instagram & Facebook at a later date. We should be making a post for you to comment the name on and we'll link them here.
(Prize: You will be honorably named as the namer of the mascot!)Rules
- We'll only be allowing one entry per person.
- Our staff will be taking all the names from Instagram and Facebook and choosing the 3 best names to vote between on the convention day.
- By giving a name suggestion you are giving the rights for us to use the name for the mascot and will be given full credit for the inspiration of the name.
Spot the Mascot
We'll be bringing a little mascot with us on the day of the convention and hiding them somewhere in the premises! You're tasked with finding our little friend! First person to find them will recieve a prize!
- Staff and vendors are not allowed to participate in this contest, only guests.
- If you find the mascot please take a photo of them and bring it to the front desk. Please don't move the mascot!
Best Photo Competition [SPOOKY SCARY Theme]
We want your best photography of your spookiest dolls! Or spooky situations! It can be anything that your imagination wishes to create! From vampires, witches, monsters to horror movies! Sky is the limit!Prizes (TBC)Categories
Prizes will be given per catagorey and there will be no 2nd or 3rd prizes.1) Most frightening2) Best composition3) best use of props/sceneryRulesEntry fee= £5
Max entries= 1 per person
There will be 15 finalists displayed on the day but general entry limit is 50.- The photograph should have a doll or BJD in it to qualify for entry.
- The photograph MUST be of your own taking, that you created and set up.
- We will only allow 20% photoshop work, we want to be able to see the photograph you've made. Editing of lighting and some blood splatter is ay ok!
- As before with the other competitions involving dolls, please do not use recasts or bootleg dolls. This is to respect the artists who make these dolls. If we find that the doll in the image is a recast the entry will be disqualified.
- Only one photo entry per person.
- By submitting the photo entry you are giving permission for us to edit, display and reprint your image.-----------------------------------------------------------
Riddles & Puzzles
On the day of our convention we'll be offering people a chance to solve riddles and puzzles for prizes! All you need to do is go to the raffle stand! There you'll be given your challenge, the first person to solve the riddle/puzzle will be given a prize.
Once that specific riddle/puzzle has been solved it will become inactive, meaning you can't solve that puzzle/riddle anymore!
Each specific riddle/puzzle will have a prize tied to it. There will be a limited number of riddles/puzzles/prizes.
- Staff and vendors are not allowed to participate in this contest, only guests.
- Please understand that sharing the answers to the riddles/puzzles will be non-profitable as there is only one prize per riddle/puzzle.
- Please refrain from looking up the answers or clues online, if it's found you've done this your prize will be revoked.
There will be a raffle held at the convention for charity, all tickets can be purchased on the day at the raffle stall.
The charity being donated to through this raffle will be : Razom for Ukraine
THEIR WEBSITE HERE
Prizes will be listed at a later date.